Monday, August 17, 2009

Days that have passed & finding a church is like trying to find a husband!

So it has been a bit since I have written but it has been a crazy couple weeks! Four days or so after we moved into our new house my in-laws came into town and then after they left my other set of in-laws came into town. We had a great time visiting with our family and the kids were over joyed! It is however nice being able to have a chance to get the house in order so that it feels like home. For me to have a house feel like home everything has to be hung on the walls. My poor hubby has a honey-do-list a mile long and he keeps yelling at me that every time he gets to mark something off I add more. I told him he better work faster then...Tee Hee! We got alot done yesterday and this morning when I woke I sat on the couch and just looked around. I really like our new house but Brent has come to terms with the fact that we are never going to sleep again. Between the neighbors barking dog, a hooting owl (that's days are numbered), and a train that goes by twice a night it seems to be never ending. I however am able to sleep through the train. Strange! I'd prefer not to have a stuffed owl in my living room though. So for his sake I hope he finds a new hooting home. Hmmmmm! I wonder if there is a recipe for owl stew? Has to be more meat then squirrel...huh? Anywho, once again I want to add that the nicest people on earth live in Alabama! The other day Brent was mowing the lawn and I like it golf course short. Not such a good thing when we have let it go a bit. The man behind us came up and introduced himself and wanted to run "fetch" his riding lawn mower for him. Brent of course declined but it was to sweet of him to offer.by the way, I'm not that mean to hubby cuz I like to mow the lawn to! Okay mainly to get a little bit of a tan but still! I miss us just hanging out as a family and this whole move thing has really thrown us for a loop and is sometimes hard! Hard you ask? Like trying to find a new church. The Saturday night before the Sunday we tried our first church (did you get that)I seriously had to pray that I wouldn't sit there comparing that church to my old church. It was so hard not to. I had such an awesome church that I threw myself into. Sunday mornings, Wednesday bible studies, Sunday night fellowship groups, picnics, children's nursery! It was just so great and the Pastor Erik Braun was a crazy hoot that you just were dying to hear more of his sermons. It was just so darn hard not to! So we went to this new church which started at 10:45a.m. which actually didn't really get started til 11:00 and when I dropped the kids off it was basically into a small room that had a couple nursery workers sitting in chairs. I just new from that second this place just wasn't for us! I'm not trying to be critical but when I asked Memphis what he did and learned that Sunday he said "I played Kung Fu Panda!" Hmmmmm! Was God a Panda? and did Jesus Kungu Fu Fight his way into peoples hearts to repent and gain forgiveness for their sins? Did I miss something? I'm just joshing! But seriously! I am so use to Memphis telling me he colored a picture of Jonah and a big ole' whale and telling what song he sang. I'm use to him telling me his memory verse that he learned. The Pastor seemed nice and his Sermon was okay to. Although I am use to Pastors preaching from the books of the bible not just subjects and throwing some verses into it to make it relevant! My title comes from this! Church is like looking for a husband! I want in a church what I have found in my husband!I was picky when I found the love of my life and I personally think it's fair for me to be picky when finding a church! This is what have in my husband now put in regards to a church! Friendly, honest, loving, nurturing, teaching, trust worthy, faithful, beautiful(obviously not church looks), make me hunger for more, supportive, feeds me, takes care of me and my family, loves me despite my failures and flaws, loves me unconditionally, prays for me, loves me for me, wants me to grow, I can go on and on. I know it's not all about me but I do know it's me growing in the eye's of the Lord! I want that community again. Knowing we can call someone and ask them for prayers. Knowing that I can help others. Knowing that I am saved and forgiven for my sins. Listening and learning the bible and Gods word and maybe since I am feeling a little bolder...spread it! Yesterday we tried a new church yet again and we really liked it. We went to the first service a little early to ask alot of questions and the children's program rocks! They even told us that they were really surprised when they asked if anyone wanted to pray that Memphis stood up and said he would. I wish I had the boldness of my three year old! We met the Pastor and he was a hoot and was a little caught off guard talking to us...you know...because of me! Yup! My bluntness! Caught of guard by my first question. "Do you preach the WHOLE BIBLE or skip over parts like sex and homosexuality so you won't offend everyone?" I'm not big on pastors that try to keep their approval ratings high by not telling everyone what is right and wrong! Geez! Louise! You're blocking people from heaven! Anywho, he smiled and he laughed at us...obviously cause we are goofy! Okay maybe just me! But, he wants us to join HIS fellowship group. This guy doesn't know what he is getting himself in to! But if there was a group to join to where I ask a billion questions then I guess it should be the Lead Pastors group. Can they kick you our of Fellowship groups?

No comments:

Post a Comment