Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day!

We had such a great Father's day! Actually, it was a wonderful weekend! Saturday we did some running around and had a nice lunch out and Sunday we went to church came straight home and jumped into our swim suits! Brent had a plan that he was going to take the boys fishing. We had tried this once before but Memphis wasn't into it to much because nothing as biting......and I'm mean NOTHING! But, Brent wanted to try again. We headed to Silver Lake and of course when Memphis saw that it as like a "mini beach" he wanted to swim. The water as so warm and even though it was 102 degree there as a slight breeze. We had such a wonderful time swimming and really didn't realize how long we were there for.

Eventually Memphis said he wanted to fish with daddy. Sure enough the second he put that worm on the hook and pole in the water he had caught a fish! I'm not sure who as more excited Memphis or daddy. But, I can tell you who as that proudest! That was for sure daddy!

I can only imagine what it's going to be like when he gets his first deer! Sawyer had a good time watching! When we got home I made some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and a black berry cobbler for dinner in celebration of fathers day/great hubby day. It was a treat because we got to eat homemade ice cream with it. Yes! After two years of saying No! I broke down and got Brent an ice cream maker for fathers day. He got it on Saturday because Memphis couldn't keep a secret. I think he lasted for 3 hours until he sat next to daddy and said "Daddy, I love you!" Brent replied "I love you too!" then he said "Daddy, I have a secret!" Brent then replied "Memphis don't tell me because mommy will be upset!" then he smiled real big and blurted out "We got you an ice cream maker!" of course Brent couldn't wait til Sunday so we started the ice cream on Saturday afternoon! Mmmmmm! It as good! Memphis did better this year because last year he only waited 2 minutes to yell out what we got daddy!

3 comments:

  1. I think Brent's hat is too small. LOL

    Very cute photos Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was wearing Memphis's hat because we didn't want to lose it in the water...TeeHee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina,
    I really enjoyed this post. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than seeing a family wth young children enjoying their time together. Children make the world a wonderful place--they are the heart of every home.
    I know you cherish each moment with your hubby and your little ones. You are so richly blessed, dear friend. May His blessings continue.

    In Grace,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete