Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ben's last and final posting in Margo's caring bridge site

I wanted to share one last thing with you all before bringing a close to this journal for Margo. It was about the living water that Jesus spoke of to the Samaritan woman in John 4:10-13 and then again in John 7:38 when he said:"The one who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, will have rivers of living water flowing from his heart.”
This living water that God imparts to his children through his vessels comes because of the great needs that God wishes to fulfill. When we grow in our relationship with God and continue to strive toward growing that relationship we can reach a point of faith where we no longer talk about the word of God or merely believe the word of God but we actually begin to live the word of God and our lives become a reflection of his nature. From living with Margo and watching her grow in her faith and love for God, Jesus, and for others I could see this spring of living water begin to flow from her and start to touch so many lives it was breathtaking. God reached out and touched lives through Margo, to provide healing , to provide comfort, to provide light in the midst of darkness, to provide hope, to minister to those in need. Her love for God and unwavering faith were as such that it far outweighed any fear or discomfort she was feeling or experiencing. I know this because up until the very last moment she was still thinking of God and of others rather than her own situation. I may have mentioned before but when she was fading and well aware that the time she had to impart words before becoming to tired or confused to speak was quick upon her she told my pastor to let everyone know that she didn't want anyone to turn away from God in despair or anger because of her passing, she wanted them to know that it was not worth it to turn away, instead she wanted them to move closer to him, to receive the living water that God was pouring out of her, to receive their healing. After all, she was a daughter after her heavenly father's own heart while she was here with us. I know this because I was with her through thick and thin for five wonderful blessed years, and because I got to know her very well. while we were here together I loved her very much she was my best friend and one of my personal heroes. I still love her very much and always will, I'm very proud of her for her strength and willingness to allow God to use her to touch so many lives, she had a choice, she could have said no to him, but she didn't she said yes, and because of that people I have never met have had a taste of that living water that only Jesus can provide. I hope that I am just like Margo a person after God's own heart, if I am not then I pray with all that is in me that I too will be that person that God can use to impart living water to those in need, that I too can attend to people's welfare and well being just like Margo did when she was with us. Margo has moved on from us, she is in heaven in her place of eternal glory dancing, singing, and praising in the presence of God and Jesus surrounded by a love and a peace we can only imagine of here. I ask for God to give her a big hug for me every time I pray, since I cannot do it for the time being I'm sure that he does with joy. Margo left us with a challenge as well, a challenge to also become the people that not only read the bible, not only believe the bible but grow so strong in our walk with God that we live it. all of us, each and every one of us can be the source that God can use to impart living water to all who are in need. We can reflect his nature and care for others well beings and welfare. I'm not saying people wants or desires for often they fall along the lines of a path of destruction, but I think that everyone has needs and the most basic one is for someone to care about them. It may not be popular in a society that has been promoting self absorption and selfishness more and more every year, but it can happen when we seek God and grow our relationship with him. We can become the springs of living water with his help. I would like to ask you to please consider that this love can not only fill you but also be passed to other through you. We have seen but one powerful example of this through Margo's walk with God. I promise you this will not be the last example but even greater still you could be the next one that God moves through to heal others lives! I hope you will consider it, as for me and my house we will continue to serve the Lord, for I await the day when I shall meet Margo at the designated place and she will lead me to Jesus and I pray that he will look upon me and say "Well done my good and faithful servant", until then I have seeds to sow and living water to impart to the best of my ability.

God bless you all and thank you for your support, your prayers both in the past, the present , and in the future.

-Benjamin Menger

1 comment: