Friday, March 6, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday's and what it means

Okay, here is how our "Thoughtful Thursdays" works.

You all are going to go out in to this crazy world and do something EXTRA nice for someone else. You can do something nice for someone you love, someone you don't love, or someone you you have never had the chance to love and come back here to share about it each and every Thursday.

God has shown Himself through Kayleigh and we need to glorify Him in all that we do. We need to touch other people with our kindness and spread the love of God with Kayleigh's story to everyone we possibly can. When you deliver your good deed to someone, let them know that they were touched by Kayleigh and share her website with them, so they too can join in on Kayleigh's journey and our "Thoughtful Thursdays" to glorify God.

NOW...You you have got to think outside the box and come back and share it with us and the world. Be creative and make your stories stand out. You never know, you may win a creativity award and get recognized for ALL to see.

Here is what I did:

I had the opportunity to talk with a young man who was only 17 years old. He had been having a lot of problems at school and was easy to open up his feelings to me. Normally in my life growing up, I never was one to offer good advice, but since I have matured in my life and faith, I was able to direct him down the right path.

He was burdened with friends who were making false statements about him and he didn't know how to act or react to the situation at hand. I was able to lead him down a path that Kayleigh's journey had led me. That was a path of forgiveness. I told him that the people who are giving him a hard time were not his true friends and the people he needed to hang out with were people who encouraged him to do the right things as Jesus had taught us.

I told him that we live in this world to prepare for eternity and I explained how people have not been so nice to me on Kayleigh's blog, but I had to delete the negative comments and continue spreading the word of God and serving that purpose without the devil getting in the way.

I told him to follow Kayleigh's blog and to look deep in to what she has taught us and how all the people who follow her story are the true friends he needs in his life, the one who support and love you through the good and bad parts of your life. He felt encouraged and I felt fulfilled with God's everlasting love.

Okay, now it's YOUR turn.

Here's how you get your link on our blog for "Thoughtful Thursdays"


Go to YOUR blog, create a new post for "Thoughtful Thursdays". Start by copying and pasting all the following HTML code at the beginning your post.(NOTE: Make sure you are in HTML mode or view when you paste in HTML code!):

No comments:

Post a Comment